About The Funk...

Observational Spittle from the mind of a man of color in his 40s, without the color added (most times). Come in, laugh, and you may learn something...

90 Things That Irritate The Sh** Out Of Me Trailer

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What the hell are they putting in children's books?

Wow.

For once, I won't talk yer ears off...

However, for the first time in my 6 1/2 years of being a parent, well, I feel like a parent.

Check this picture out; this came out of one of my son's books he had to read for an assignment...



Now, I don't know if you can zoom this in or whatever, but the picture is of a man and a woman, with, well, his tackle hanging, and the "garden" bushing-out on the female.

WTFlyingfizznuts?

I mean, how is this in the children's section of a public library (unless it is actually the "pubic" library)?

And the guy's man pull...doesn't help the stereotypes for white men AT ALL.

And hell, there is only one boob on the chick...like a mastectomy done by Jose Feliciano, with an assist from Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder.

The great mouth has been silenced...at least for a few moments.

And for the first time in my life, I feel my age. And that terrible genital-like itch called...geech...

RESPONSIBILITY.

Sigh.

No comments: