About The Funk...

Observational Spittle from the mind of a man of color in his 40s, without the color added (most times). Come in, laugh, and you may learn something...

90 Things That Irritate The Sh** Out Of Me Trailer

Friday, October 9, 2009

A Quick Mention from the illest of funk

Hey y'all....

I wanted to drop a quick note (to my 1's and 1's of readers all across the world) on short, short notice about a worthy organization that I am going to hurt myself VERY BADLY for in about 19 hours or so from the time of this post.

Here's the deelio...

My youngest son, who I like to call "the child who couldn't b quiet with duct tape and crazy glue restricting his vocal orifice" was born with Down Syndrome. Now, I could be like those commercials and say crap like this...

"Hi, I am G. Eric Francis...you know me from doing big hogs like Sally Struthers and drinking the bathwater of Janet Jackson, Haley Berry, and Megan Fox. Well, today I want to bring to your attention a story about a young boy....sexy (unlike me, who's uglier than an un-made corpse) and he was born with Down Syndrome. This is a subject that is near and dear to my heart, because the judge ordered me to learn about it because of that whole "bathwater drinking/stalking" charge that I had to plea-bargain out of. I come to you to ask for your help, and your Kit-Kat bar money, and donate to Down Syndrome Indiana. I am their spokesperson (well, they were going to ask Prince to do it, but they felt that he came up, um, well, "short" of what they had in mind)...."

You get my point.

Anywho, this is a great organization, and well, tomorrow I am going to give up my only weekend day to sleep (whatever, I am unemployed, I have PLENTY of time to sleep) and drag my 264 lb tail around a 2.6 body of green sludge to raise awareness. So, I am asking the 1's and 1's of my fans for support...

...and ur friggin money.

I want you to feel good about yourself...even if you have body odor, can't get a date if you fell into a calender, or you are so geeky, Bill Gates says to you "shit, you are a friggin geek!"

These folks are called those with "special needs", but let's get real. Y'all know how I feel about "politically correct" crap like that (wait, I said "Y'all", like anyone reads my shit; that's why I write every 60 days or so lately). My soon got an extra chromosome, and he will learn slower than other kids.

But, he is still a great kid, and if ya go right HERE not only will you read about the lad, u'll think he's cute, and you'll pull out ur credit cards and make a donation...:)

Yeah, this blog is about "grub for your mind", but I'm going for your pockets today (since, well, all my ads hadn't done shit to help pay my bills...thanks a lot, cheap asses...:)

All jokes aside, perhaps I am feeding you a new meal on the menu....a meal of generosity. I hope that you like the main course with a side of please help a great organization out (it's fat free, and u'll feel good, I swear!)

I am ghost...I hope the world checks out this crap, and donate. The walk is on October 10th, and donations cut off at I believe 10 AM EST.

Anyway, before I go....a few passing thoughts...

1. Yo mammas r da shit...unless their, like, Eminem's mom...she sounds like a raving bitch.

2. Wrapping your penis in a garbage bag just isn't as good as latex.

3. Ellen DeGeneres is one cool lesbian.

4. If you are truly depressed and you can't decide if you wish to kill yourself, watch "Hope Floats" with Sandra Bullock and Harry Connick Jr. If you are not slicing and dicing the wrists like tomatoes doomed for a salad after it's over, it isn't too late for you.

Anyway, I'll see y'all later (and all jokes aside, I'd appreciate the support if you chose to donate).

No comments: