About The Funk...

Observational Spittle from the mind of a man of color in his 40s, without the color added (most times). Come in, laugh, and you may learn something...

90 Things That Irritate The Sh** Out Of Me Trailer

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Boom boom boom, as well as other nonsense

2013.

Sorry I've been scarce...been dealing with drama more than most people's mamas lately.  I started writing this flotsam some 5 years or so ago, and about the only thing that has changed is the size of my waistline.

That's a bummer.

I will say, however, that just like my health (I am a diabetic now...sticking w/o the licking...if u have a dirty mind, u'll get the reference), things haven't necessarily gotten better on this mud-ball filled with (supposedly) intelligent life forms.

My partner fo' life (NWA, what?) was reading to me a story about a dad and his lil' 6 mo old getting blown away by some vagina drip...for apparently no reason.

Now, one can assume this was some sort of gang initiation (what happened to a good old fashion hazing?  I mean, make the dude grab a piece of shit out of the toilet and squeeze, ala like "School Daze"), but the fact remains that 2 people are dead.

I am trying to put together in my head why one will fill the need to put 3 bullets into the body of a 6 month old kid.

I guess that whole "goo goo, ga ga, poop poop, piss piss" witness thing would of sent that dude away for 25 to life.

Don't worry, I am not going to go off on a tangent on gun control.  Now, I feel that if you have a pistol, a shotgun, a good knife and a Louisville slugger, u should be able to defend yourself.  I grew up in The Bronx in the 1970's and 80's, and well, the need for semi-automatic rifles wasn't necessary....a gun killed many a latino/brother w/o the need of convenience.

I get sad, tho, cuz we are truly some stupid mother fornicators.

The U.S. can't get out of its own way government wise.  I was looking for work, and about 10% of the jobs were offering minimum wage.  Now, I don't know about you, but while I understand the fact that if you gotta start over, you gotta start over.

But that type of shit is like starting over...in ur mom's fallopian tubes, and ur pop just spurted his olympic swimmers w/a DNA cocktail type of start over.

Shit is rough the world over...and we worry about the wrong things, fight over things that basic intelligence and compromise should be able to fix, and just wait to screw over the next person so WE can GET over.

But I keep coming back to the fact that a 6 month old kid got 3 bullets...and died the next day.

Babies.

I don't know if any of y'all (whoever still reads this shit) remember the MTV commercial...it starts in a nursery and ends in a cemetery.  The voice over says (and I am paraphrasing from memory...this was a quarter century ago):

"We all start and end up in the same place....totally equal.  What you do between these times is up to you."

That commercial always stuck with me....it covered racism, ignorance, and differences in general.

I wish I could show that the the U.S. Congress.

But that's the wonderful and unfortunate thing that makes human beings, well, human.

Once we are convinced we are right, it is pretty difficult to change our minds...or beliefs.

I wonder if the kid who shot the baby believed in what he was did was right?

Sigh....I need to go back and write my 2nd book.  I think too much.

No comments: